07 November 2006

Sunday Scribblings-Morning


The Theme is Morning
My morning started at 5am. I was sleeping soundly when Emma barked shrilly in my ear. "Gah! Shut up!" I said. She continued to bark which is really weird for her as she never barks. I thought omg something is wrong so I switched on the lamp and went into the living room. I heard noises from outside, it did not sound good. Gutteral yelling and a high pitched pleading. My heart thumped as a million memories flashed through my mind.
I peeked through the blinds and saw the skinny kid from the next building smacking his young wife in the courtyard. She pleaded with him to stop while screaming "I love you!" He called her horrid nasty names as he kept hitting and kicking her. Suddenly a plastic patio chair came sailing over the third floor balcony. A male voice called out "Leave her alone asshole!"
I went to the kitchen and picked up the phone and dialed 911. I told the calm voice on the other end what was going on. I was surprised to realize I was crying. She made sure I was not involved and then assured me the police were on the way already. I looked out again, the third floor man was in the courtyard now. The hitting had stopped but the yelling continued. The young wife was now screaming at third floor man to mind his own business. The police arrived and all was quiet again.
Twenty years ago I was that scared young wife out in the courtyard. God help her.

0 comments:

iJuli Cooks
(but mostly eats and watches Reality TV)
  © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP