09 January 2009

How did I get so fat again?

Oh right, the holidays. Peanut butter fudge, Puppy Chow, mince pie, ham - mass quanities of ham and did I mention the pie? I have been eating far too much and not very good stuff either. Between a crapload of personal drama and a nasty stomach flu I had lost 25 pounds right before Thanksgiving, I have now put half of it back on.
I have a lot of plans for 2009, I did eat two bowls of black-eyed peas which I seriously hate (but an excuse to eat more ham) so I need to be able to put that forthcoming good luck into action. Knocking off about 35 pounds would really help sooooo this is the beginning of my New Year diet. I have never done this before, I have dieted my whole life but never made a resolution or whatever so maybe this can be my year.I am just not sure what to try, I thought maybe I would do some fad diet-ish thing to get a kick start, and then just focus on eating properly.
I always lose and feel more fit when I am in the Netherlands, I don't know if it is because I am happy or it would just be too damn expensive to overeat. Plus I have zero access to fast food as Björn would drop dead before he brought home a sack of burgers. We have a snackbar downstairs but when he does get something from there it is satay which is yummy but hardly Chipotle.So I will be getting started on that, hopefully posting some updates here and maybe some Twitter stuff, I have some new ideas forming. I have been keeping it pretty low profile the last couple of years, may be time to jump back in again!

**image: Pieter Bruegel the Elder: The Seven Deadly Sins or the Seven Vices - Gluttony

0 comments:

iJuli Cooks
(but mostly eats and watches Reality TV)
  © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP