29 March 2009

Lessmeatarian Week Five

Mark Bittman said I could find a better pyramid so I did. This is from the Mediterranean Diet. A special meal once a month with meat if you even want it, is a good idea. I do not really see me cooking beef again anytime soon so it would be pork. I am not sure why I am off beef but pork doesn't bother me.
I have lost 6 pounds so far but to be fair I wasn't being as careful as I should have been the first 3 with the stress of Mary's baby coming. I am happy with an average of 2 pounds a week, of course 10-20 would be great haha but I have lost weight fast before and it came right back again. I have lost 100 lbs twice before in my life, that has to be incredibly unhealthy. I have a lot to accomplish over the next few months and I need to be in much better health to make it happen. I have never really been much of a one day at a time or living in the now kind of girl. That makes it hard for me to accomplish things as I am always looking ahead instead of focusing on this minute. I am working on that now. I can fine tune this as I go along but for now the crapfood elimination continues along with getting more exercise.
Eventually there are a lot of things I want to change but getting these 10-20 pounds off needs to be a priority, it is seriously holding me back from practically everything I need to accomplish. The struggle for me is determining if I am holding on to this weight for a reason and what that is. I think I know and am working on this. If losing weight were just about putting down the fork, most people would not struggle with it.

0 comments:

iJuli Cooks
(but mostly eats and watches Reality TV)
  © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP