06 June 2007

My Dutch Kitchen

Jenn and Marloes posted photos of their Dutch kitchens. Our kitchen is pretty small by American standards but quite roomy enough to get the job done. I would like to add some more shelves on one wall, there is a lot of wasted space there and I do not have a proper oven. The Dutchman has baked some fabulous things in the convection/microwave thingy but I have not been brave enough to figure it out yet. I would probably not consider baking cakes or pastries because the fresh items for purchase are much nicer. I have never tried to make a Thanksgiving dinner anyway, I am always in the US for that. Aside from not having an oven the only thing I don't really like is the small sink. I would love to remove the wall between the kitchen and the living room as well but the Dutchman assures me that is not going to happen lol, however he does agree that some small changes should be made.
I am very lucky to have a beautiful large stainless steel dishwasher, a combo washer and a wonderful balcony. We have two actually, one off the kitchen that we use more for utility reasons and the one off the dining room that is our small suspended garden. The kitchen is on the sunny side of the flat which works out perfectly as the other balcony is shaded by one of the largest trees I have ever seen. It is magnificent.

0 comments:

iJuli Cooks
(but mostly eats and watches Reality TV)
  © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP